- One of the oldest religion in the world from Persia.
- Founded by Prophet Zarthustra around 3000 BC, who was born in Azerbeijan near the Aral sea region and was a great Persian religious reformer and founder or the Zoroastrian religion.
- The first religion to propogate Monotheism, belief in one Almighty God Ahura Mazda, the Lord of Wisdom.
- The holy book of the Zoroastrians is known as Zend Avesta.
- The original verses / prayers written by Zarthustra are known as Gathas.
- Zoroastrianism was the state religion of Persia until 700 AD.
- Zarthustra teaching became the guiding light of the Persian civilization.
- Zoroaster died at the age of 77, daring the invasion of Persia by the Turaniams.
- In 700 AD. the Zoroastrians had to leave Persia due to persecussion and landed on the shores of India.
- The Zoroastrian / Persian immigrants in India are called Parsis because most of them came from the province of Parsa in Persia.
- The religious prayers mainly emphasize on Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds (Humata, Hukhata, Huvareshta).
- Place of worship is called Agiary and Atash Behram.
- Celebrate their New Year, as a spring festival on 2 l st March.
- Do not believe in reincarnation.
- Do not believe in fasting.
- Children are brought into the religion before the age of puberty.
- The ceremony is called Navjote. Other important ceremonies are Jashan, Lagan (Wedding), Gambhar, Faresta, Mukhtad.
- Zoroastrians believe that everyone in the world are created by God and are equal, a true sign of the real ancient Aryan nobility and tolerance.
- Cyrus, King of Persia also known as “King of Kings” was an Aryan who helped rebuilt the temple of the Jews after freeing them from captivity in Babylon.
- For this, he is still remembered by the Jews and called the “Anointed of the Lord” in the Bible.
Parsi Association, Singapore